“Let’s find a way to care & play” – Coping with challenges, creating opportunities for play work in times of Corona.
A heartfelt invitation to join our virtual seminar on:
Friday, 4th December 2020, 19:00 – 20:30 (CET) and
Saturday, 5th December 2020, 16:00 – 17:30 (CET)
Yes, we have to be careful and keep apart, but ’social distancing’ hurts. Our children and young people want and need to play. So: “Let’s find a way to care & play”
It appears, that we need to change some rules of the games and re-invent hugs. Our dear colleagues Augusta Costa Baptista and Bruno Batista from ‘eco-estilistas (Associação inter-aiuda – mutual help association) from the Marvila community, Lisbon, Portugal will share with us, what they have observed and learnt. Christa-Berta Kimmich and Tony Dronfield (e.p.a.) will be part of the team.
1st session Friday, 4th December 2020, 19:00 – 20:30 (CET)
We invite you to an exchange of experiences:
• What are the problems and challenges we are facing in our communities?
• What are the needs of children?
• Why is it essential to play?
We’ll look at the basic aspects of Play: Communication (verbal and non-verbal), Play for Intercultural understanding, Play to overcome anxiety and fear, and Play as a tool for community connections.
2nd session on Saturday, 5th December 2020, 16:00 – 17:30 (CET)
… will be a process of ‘soustvarjanje’ (Slovenian for creating together), team work, creating and re-inventing games. Based on our joint experiences, considering what our kids need, we want to look for a rainbow of opportunities together: “Let’s find a way to Care & Play!”
• What can we do? – against all odds? How can we playfully communicate even under challenging conditions?
• Which rules for the games we used to play, can we change, and how? How can we widen ’Spielraum’, space to play?
We will try out, what participants propose and Play online. One aim is, to develop a collection of ideas and games, which we can all enjoy – even in times of Corona, Play-fully!
If you are interested in participating in our “Let’s find a way to Care & Play” Seminar, let us know!
We ask you to prepare and send us 2 things:
• a picture, photo, drawing you connect to our theme
• and your answer to our question: What was your most moving experience with your children/young people during these past months?
In cooperation with