Networking activity 2023
01. January – 31. December
Ireland • Belgium • Denmark • Germany • Croatia • Slovenia
Stop Loneliness, Start Volunteering
The Stop loneliness – Start volunteering project is a response to the increasing isolation and loneliness experienced by young people across Europe, especially caused by the pandemic. Volunteering can at least be a partial solution to this problem.
The following activities will be implemented in the project Stop Loneliness, Start Volunteering:
1) Research of existing practices in partner as well as other European countries in the field of youth volunteering and combatting loneliness, isolation and social exclusion. Here you can download the research analysis below.
2) Good Practice Compendium in partner as well as other European countries. Interviews with volunteers, beneficiaries and representatives of volunteer organizations (volunteer mentors, managers), record and videotape personal interest stories of young volunteers and beneficiaries. Here you can find the interviews.
3) We organised 5 World Cafés with 160 participants to explore the current challenges and needs in the fight against loneliness and in youth volunteering. You can have a look at our web-campaign “The Voice of Youth” and the messages of volunteers around the world.
4) We will delve into the role of volunteer centres and networks in combatting loneliness among the youth and research the potential for further actions to the benefit of young volunteers and other youth, especially the young with fewer opportunities. Guidelines will be published.
5) We will provide a theoretical framework and tools for quality work with young volunteers to volunteer and youth organizations.
6) The previously listed activities will serve as a basis for advocacy activities, resulting in the European framework for combatting loneliness, isolation and exclusion of the youth – policy paper, which will be sent to decision-makers and other key stakeholders on local, national, regional and EU levels.
Click the posts below so you can have a look on our activities, videos and multiplying events, in all the partner countries. We are presenting the results in an interactive and participatory fashion and establish new connections and communication among organizations working in the field.
This project is funded by
the European Union
1. December 2022
… with our partner organisation from Ireland, Denmark, Belgium, Croatia and Slovenia.
network partners in this Networking activity
European Volunteer Centre