Study Seminar 2019
19. March – 25. March
Yalah, let’s open the circle and join our hands in stormy times
This study seminar in the Spanish enclave Ceuta hosted by the e.p.a. partner group Almatahiar invited to discover the importance of youth participation and active citizenship for peaceful and democratic development. Participants from 12 countries shared and learnt from each other about the state of play of civil society organisations working with youth rights and youth affairs in different countries – and developed solutions and moments of hope how to strengthen our work together for a peaceful development.
Ceuta as a venue offers both challenging but also encouraging insights into a city and its peoples life between continents, religions and cultures.
A list of recommendations we have worked out in Ceuta can be downloaded here!
- Introduction: Power of the open circle – the meaning of Active Citizenship for peaceful and democratic development
- Active Citizenship and civil society’s shrinking spaces
- Migration, Militarization, marginalization – role and possibilities of youth civil society for the protection of human rights?
- Protecting Women’s’ rights and voice – gender specific view on the challenges of civil society
- How to promote active citizenship when working with excluded and marginalized young people?
- Mosaic society: How can the famous mosaic society “convivencia intercultural” be revitalized in different countries? And what can youth civil society contribute to this process?
- Getting to know Council of Europe/European Youth Foundation
- Project visits and excursions
This seminar is part of e.p.a. project ”Power of the open circle! – Young people discover active citizenship!“, which includes training, networking and study seminars, the first one in Ceuta / Spain in March, the second one in Thessaloniki / Greece in June and the third one in Hamburg / Germany in October 2019.
This project is funded by
the Council of Europe
network partners in this Study Seminar