03. March – 10. March
Youth workers update and enhance their media skills!
The international Training seminar “Youth workers update and enhance their media skills!” took place in Hamburg from 3rd – 10th March 2018 in the educational centre “Dock Europe”.
The seminar was the first part of a bigger international youth mobility project “Our voice, our choice, our community”. This activity in Hamburg had the aim to qualify youth workers to develop their media literacy skills in order to implement these results and skills in the following International Youth Exchange later in the year in Portugal.
The idea for this training course came from the good experience of the e.p.a. partner group “Eco-estilistas” from Lisbon to use radio and other media, as tools for youth work, encouraging young people’s participation, involving the neighbourhood and community. The training course was a cooperation project of e.p.a. and Eco-estilistas.
This Training Course gave space to “up date” own media skills, share ideas and good practice with others and learn especially about audio techniques/radio, as a tool of youth work. The focus was on ideas, how to practically implement the new knowledge in local and international youth work and how to encourage young people to become active, using their voice.
The week was full of intercultural learning, playful workshops, project visits and practical sessions. The participants were youth workers and qualified volunteers working face to face with young people, with an interest to work with media tools. The 22 participants came from 16 different European countries.
Workshops during the Training:
– What does Media literacy mean?
– Why and how to use the media literacy to enhance youth and community participation?
– Media literacy in the life of young people
– Media and active civil society
– How to support young people to find their topics?
– Social Media and “How to get the best out of it for youth work“
– Audio Media as a tool of communication
– Voice, communication and dialogue
– Intercultural and multilingual communication in youth media work
– Putting Community Radio in Practice
– How to bring Radio together with daily – local and international – youth work?
– Project visits
– We create our own Radio show!
– Follow-up-Planning and Evaluation
This project is funded by
the European Union
network partners in this Seminar
Uguali e Differenti