CESIE is a European Centre for Studies and Initiatives based in Palermo, Sicily. It is a non-profit, apolitical, and non-governmental organisation. It was established in 2001, inspired by the work and theories of the pacifist Danilo Dolci (1924-1997).
CESIE links local, national and international contexts and is committed to stimulating development and change in educational, cultural and economic spheres through the creation and use of innovative tools and methods.
• Enhancing active citizenship, training, education and mobility of young people.
• Upgrading lifelong learning in adult education, boosting innovative practices and developing key competences for adults.
• Improving quality and efficiency in school education.
• Developing effective and inclusive approaches for asylum seekers, refugees and migrants.
• Fostering progress, sustainable and responsible research and innovation in higher education and research systems.
• Promoting equality, protecting the rights of people, preventing and developing responses to violence and discrimination.