Theatre for a Change
Theatre for a Change has a long history in Ghana, starting life in Accra in 2003 and evolving quickly to work with a number of vulnerable and marginalised groups across the country.
The vision is to empower vulnerable and marginalised groups with the knowledge, awareness and skills to positively transform their lives, and the lives of others, at local, national and international levels.
The mission is to use uniquely active and participatory tools that promote sexual and reproductive health and gender rights.
The goal is the empowerment of the most vulnerable and marginalised women and girls.
The values are principles which we believe are central to us and our impact:
- Social Justice – creating a more equal society
- Service – serving the most marginalised people first
- Participation – equal participation in everything we do
- Honesty and openness – telling the truth and being open about our strengths and weaknesses
- Integrity – being true to all of our values
- Responsibility – taking responsibility for our own behaviour
- Commitment – committing to living our values
Training, Preparation Meeting
Bajos de Haina • Santo Domingo
Dominican Republic 2009